POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mpeg support : Re: Mpeg support Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg support
From: Peter Popov
Date: 24 Jul 1999 10:16:49
Message: <3799c90b.27506001@204.213.191.228>
On Sat, 24 Jul 1999 00:54:48 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>  What if... there were an option to render the image and store the frame into
>the animation. That way if you need to recompile it the images are still present
>to work with without the need to render the thing over agian. Can't do that with
>the jpeg output but I think you can with this.

This seems reasonable to me. Strangely enough, I've never given this
particular solution any thought because I thought the main concern was
disk space and not speed. Probably because I have a pretty good MPEG
encoder/preset and all it takes is a couple of minutes (if I can't
wait that long, I view the anim as a slideshow in a DOS picture).

You can set up a post-animation shellout and use DTA to make an
animation with any windows codec you happen to have (may I recommend
Intel Indeo 5.21?)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700