POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mpeg support : Re: Mpeg support Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg support
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Jul 1999 05:20:09
Message: <37998549@news.povray.org>
In article <3799214E.E8D83E9E@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> New patch request:
>
>   I recently discovered that the Mac version of pov has direct support for
> compiling animation's as apple quick time movies. How hard would it be to
> build a mpeg encoder into one of the existing patches ? Why should the
> rest of us be left out of the fun eh ?

The Mac movie output code (which I wrote) does it using QuickTime. With just
a few minor adjustments it should be possible to compile it to work with
QuickTime for Windows (no, don't ask me to do it).   And there are (3rd
party) MPEG encoders for QuickTime (try http://guide.apple.com/usindex.html
and search for MPEG).

     Thorsten

> Rebelliously yours,