POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mpeg support : Re: Mpeg support Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg support
From: Ken
Date: 24 Jul 1999 03:57:06
Message: <37997148.EB680F7B@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:13:35 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>

> >New patch request:
> >
> >  I recently discovered that the Mac version of pov has direct support for
> >compiling animation's as apple quick time movies. How hard would it be to
> >build a mpeg encoder into one of the existing patches ? Why should the
> >rest of us be left out of the fun eh ?
> >
> >Rebelliously yours,
>
> Direct usage of the Windows video (and audio? :) codecs shouldn't be
> that hard... if DTA does it POV can do it too!
>
> The problem is, as with jpeg output, you wouldn't want to leave a
> over-the-weekend render and come back to see that the resulting
> animation is dreadfully crispy, blotchy and spotted.
>
> Peter Popov
> ICQ: 15002700

  What if... there were an option to render the image and store the frame into
the animation. That way if you need to recompile it the images are still present
to work with without the need to render the thing over agian. Can't do that with
the jpeg output but I think you can with this.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm