POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Algorythm for BLOB to mesh : Re: Algorythm for BLOB to mesh Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorythm for BLOB to mesh
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 23 Jul 1999 12:09:54
Message: <379891e8.3149530@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 06:51:53 +0200, "Anders Haglund"
<and### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Mike <Ama### [at] aolcom> wrote in message news:379### [at] aolcom...
>> Look for papers on marching triangles as well.  I hear it's faster and
>> more accurate than marching cubes.
>>
>> -Mike
>
>You can find almost anything on Paul Bourke's pages :)
>here is his page about "marching triangles", as you call it:
>http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/modelling/polytetra/
>
>/Anders

The algorithm Bourke describes on this page is simply a tetrahedral
variant on Marching Cubes.  Marching Triangles is a very different
thing.  In particular, it is surface based, involves evaluating
Delaunay triangulation surface constraints, and doesn't constrain
vertices to a regular mesh.  For Marching Triangles info from the
source, go to http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Research/VSSP/3DVision.html.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com