POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon patch? : Re: Photon patch? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon patch?
From: Lummox JR
Date: 22 Jul 1999 23:56:32
Message: <3797E827.6551@aol.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Nathan's working on integrating it into the superpatch.  I'll then work
> on integrating his version of the superpatch into my version, along with
> about a dozen other things I've not yet gotten around to doing.  I just
> lost the code for my incredible crackle speedups due to an IDE cable
> failure on my Linux box, so my schedule (what schedule?) is slipping yet
> again.

Ah. Excellent news.
Well, as long as the next Superpatch is being held up, that gives me
more time to eke out a more complete isoblob/function patch. The isoblob
is almost ready, I think, for more thorough tests. However, the
function-normal patch it currently relies on has a slight problem with
atan2(), which for the life of me I can't explain; even workarounds on
that one tend to screw up for some reason. (The problem is apparently
with the function normal itself, not with the actual function or the
interval solving--and the problem makes absolutely no sense, since it
seems dependent more on the ray than on the function arguments or the
order thereof, or even on transformations).

Lummox JR