POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon patch? : Re: Photon patch? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon patch?
From: TonyB
Date: 23 Jul 1999 00:38:17
Message: <3797E36E.23AD8961@panama.phoenix.net>
> about a dozen other things I've not yet gotten around to doing.  I just
> lost the code for my incredible crackle speedups due to an IDE cable
> failure on my Linux box, so my schedule (what schedule?) is slipping yet
> again.

Oh my God! This is terrible news! Do you remember any of your stuff? I mean,
do you have it in your head? Or is it lost forever?

This is a good reminder of how important backing up is. I unfortunately have
no where to back up to, so if my HD dies, I'm screwed. :(   I actually have a
long history of losing everything. Three times I lost stuff to viruses. Then
I have had format problems, where I don't back everything important up, and I
scream when I realise it, only to know that that info is gone forever. Once,
my HD really did kaplunk. Funny though, I only lost 1 file... the rest of the
HD could be read just fine...

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB