POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Perlin noise for textures? : Perlin noise for textures? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Perlin noise for textures?
From: TonyB
Date: 22 Jul 1999 23:14:20
Message: <3797CFC1.292C62EC@panama.phoenix.net>
Could a perlin noise texture be added to POV-Ray? I mean, it's begging
to be added, for clouds, landscapes, water. I like it. It has
'persistence'. Check out
http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_perlin.htm for an idea
on how to do it (and to find out what I mean by 'persistence'). I see it
useful at least for normals, and as a pigment, it could be used in the
superpatch for mountains, and water. As media, we could use it for some
great clouds.

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB