POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Isosurface-to-mesh : Re: Isosurface-to-mesh Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface-to-mesh
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 22 Jul 1999 20:31:40
Message: <3797B87C.F79E8DF3@Kopp.com>
Thanks for the heads-up.

Not to start a huge discussion.... but as a programmer I find software
patents so annoying.  I have this sinking feeling that in the future
whenever I try to do something, all of my tools to complete the task
will be unavailable because somebody patented them.

Oh, well... in this case, though, it seems like marching triangles will be
better anyways (faster, fewer triangles, etc).

-Nathan