POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Isosurface-to-mesh : Re: Isosurface-to-mesh Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface-to-mesh
From: TonyB
Date: 22 Jul 1999 20:58:19
Message: <3797AFE2.F822B2CD@panama.phoenix.net>
> Oh, well... in this case, though, it seems like marching triangles will be
> better anyways (faster, fewer triangles, etc).

That is so cool. 'There is always a better way...' I remember someone saying
that. Anyway, that is so interesting... the marching cubes sure add a lot of
unnecessary triangles, huh? It reminds me of my cloth... the original formulas
sure added a lot of unnecessary computations as well. Instead of doing the
adjustments at the beginning, you just post-process the results with some
small formulae.

May simple and quick always be the right answer! It's great when we learn
something that let's us know "you don't need to upgrade your hardware, just
your software".

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB