POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon patch? : Re: Photon patch? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon patch?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Jul 1999 15:14:12
Message: <37976d84@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:09:04 -0400, Lummox JR wrote:
>Sounds silly, I know, but I keep hearing about the photon patch, and I
>have no idea where it is. I'm *very* interested in checking it out;
>unrealistic light reflections were always my biggest beef with
>ray-tracing technology, and that seems to have been taken care of. I was
>also wondering how easy it is to integrate into the Superpatch code.
>More to the point, is Ron going to do so with the next release?

http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

Nathan's working on integrating it into the superpatch.  I'll then work
on integrating his version of the superpatch into my version, along with
about a dozen other things I've not yet gotten around to doing.  I just
lost the code for my incredible crackle speedups due to an IDE cable
failure on my Linux box, so my schedule (what schedule?) is slipping yet
again.