POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Editor error with starting POV-Ray : Re: Editor error with starting POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor error with starting POV-Ray
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Jul 1999 09:46:04
Message: <3797209c@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 03:31:01 -0700, Ken wrote:

>Jared Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Ken,
>> I don't think this is the only thing involved.  My Insert Menu is called just
>> that, Insert Menu.  It is located in my POV-Ray directory and even though I
>> get the error message I described when I start POV-Ray, I have access to the
>> Insert Menu's items under the INSERT menu itself as well as being able to edit
>> them from that same menu.  So in other words, POV-Ray knows where my Insert
>> Menu is.  The error must be caused by something else.
>
>Weeell... you got me now. Maybe try installing another copy into a new directory
>to see if the problem persists ?
>
>Chris are you out there...

This message occurs when POV fails to install an event to watch for changes in
the insert menu directory.  The error can occur for many different reasons,
but if the insert menu is showing up correctly it's not a case of a bad
directory name, since the same directory name is used both for the function
that fills in the insert menu and for the thread that monitors it.

Jared, is it possible that you're running some kind of antivirus or other
system monitoring software that might have its own notification installed
and is somehow preventing POV from installing one?