POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Spiral pattern with uniform angular density : Re: Spiral pattern with uniform angular density Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral pattern with uniform angular density
From: Uwe Zimmermann
Date: 22 Jul 1999 09:19:43
Message: <37971A6F.4FA207D1@ele.kth.se>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

>   Interesting. If you set maxtheta to pi, you get a sphere made of spheres.
> That is, points almost equally placed on a spherical surface.
>   Kewl.

almost - but not quite....
The better way is still to use geodesic patterns - see the corresponding
threads in povray.advanced-users, povray.binaries.utililities,
povray.binaries.images
or on my homepage related to the geodesic macro I recently finished:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5432/povray/geodesic.html

Uwe.