POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Ann: More PlugIns for Moray (Galaxy and City PlugIns) : Re: More PlugIns for Moray (Galaxy and City PlugIns) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More PlugIns for Moray (Galaxy and City PlugIns)
From: Florian Fischer
Date: 22 Jul 1999 04:08:11
Message: <3796D202.1B4885DF@gmx.de>
Hi,

> A couple of new PlugIns for Moray at @ my Web Site......

They are really good!

But I've still got some suggestions.

1) In the city plugin, it would be REALLY nice if you drew some more
lines. If you just painted the roads into the box, as some
orientation. This should not be too difficult. You know everything
that is needed to calculate the road's positions, and you can even use
Chris' algorithms from the INC files!

2) It seems that scaling the city in Moray has no effect to the city
itself, but only to the box representing the city. This is bad!
I suggest you three solutions: (I don't know if it works but you may
try)
  a) Grey out the scaling fields of the city in Moray (if you can)
  b) Make the box's size independent on the scaling parameter (if you
can)
  c) (much better) Make the city scaleable! Just the object as a
whole. Should be easy. It's of course senseless to scale a city
unevenly, but that's not your problem.

Thank you for your help.

3) Problem in the INCs: POV always reported me that "#macro needs
#version 3.1 but #version 3.00 set". To solve this, i had to open
every .OBJ file and add a "#version 3.1" command at the top. I don't
know why. But I know that I certainly have POV 3.1 and, as Moray needs
POV 3.1 it would never set #version to 3.0! Any ideas?

Bye
  Florian Fischer