POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : invalid file type : Re: invalid file type Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: invalid file type
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Jul 1999 15:55:49
Message: <379625c5@news.povray.org>
In article <37961275.E15BD7B7@worldnet.att.net> , Stephen Zeboski
<zeb### [at] worldnetattnet>  wrote:

> How do I save my image so that another application will read it?  When I
> try to open it in Photoshop, PSP, MSPaint or IrfanView I get error
> messages that say it is an unsupported file type.  I'm trying to convert
> my image for use on my web page.

Hmm, what image file are you trying to open? Does it have an extension like
bmp, tga or png?  You cannot open a file with the extension pov directly
using a program like Photoshop, PSP, MSPaint. You need to render it first
using POV-Ray. If you don't know how to do so I would suggest to read it up
in the help file. You will also find a tutorial explaining everything step
by step.

     Thorsten