POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC) : Re: Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC) Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:55:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC)
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 20 Jul 1999 21:50:48
Message: <37952778@news.povray.org>
Martin Crisp wrote in message ...
>On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 5:34 PM, Thorsten Froehlich
<mailto:tho### [at] trfde>
>wrote:

[snip]

>>It would be great if you could create a simple source file to
reproduce
>the
>>problem. Please send the file along with a bug-report form (in the
>>documentation folder) to mac### [at] povrayorg.
>
>Will play...

OK, got a scene/include pair happening at about 1:00am last night (the
short-blind-blonde-pomme insisted it was bedtime at that point)
(has a few options for where the macros get called from (original defn
in scene, original defn in inc, or swapping between redeclarations in
each...))

Will forward it on tonight when I get home...

The 'bug' is still present with the example scene/include.
Reducing my extensions set to (8.6base - CD/DVD driver + Toast CD
Reader) made no difference (I could reduce further, but sorry if it
clashes with these then there's a problem somewhere...)

BTW: Yes I agree that this is along the lines of:
Patient: Doctor it hurts when I do this <demonstrates> Ow!
Doctor: Don't do that then.

But it'd be nice to have some soothing music (Deep Purple: Nobody's
Perfect) playing as POV reveals the mistakes in my latest attempt at a
scene, and be able to change CDs while parsing :-)

Have Fun
Martin
--
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> is a valid address
If you prefer mnemonic addresses you can use:

My opinions should not be taken as indicative of Tourism Tasmania's
opinions