POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Future development of UVPov : Re: Future development of UVPov Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future development of UVPov
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 19 Jul 1999 20:35:07
Message: <3793C44B.B5D820B1@peak.edu.ee>
I'm generally happy with the current method. It certainly is quite fast, as far
as diffuse interreflection calculation goes. The amount of parameters is not
that horrific, esp. concidering that only 2-3 need to be changed regularly. And
adjusting the relative scale of radiosity effects is a necessity, so I don't
know how you could get rid of scale dependence.
My only gripe is that - since values are not calculated on a per-pixel basis -
normal patterns cannot very well be taken into account.

Margus