POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : WireFrame/Molde : Re: WireFrame/Molde Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WireFrame/Molde
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 19 Jul 1999 14:09:05
Message: <379369BE.CAFA77EE@mninter.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Exploit, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > 1)  How can you render something and leave the wireframe on as in not using
> > any texture?
> You can't (simply). What you need to do is to place objects (like
> cylinders) where you want the wireframe to be.

Actually, you can use a wireframe texture. Just do a couple of gradients, in
whatever color you like, with transparence in between. You can also take a
screenshot or something.

> > 2)  I've seen pictures not made by Moray, and they have curves on their
> > cylinders/spheres/ect..  Like if I want to add a hump on a cylinder, how
> > would I do that?
> Since Moray only supports the primitives that POV-Ray supports it
> doesn't offer triangle mesh modelling. But that is what you would need
> to do what you are suggesting.

Heres a couple of utilities that'll do what you want, and export to a format
convertable to UDO/INC with 3DWin(comes with moray, methinks):sPatch:
http://www.cableone.net/alyson/spatch.html
Geometique: http://www.geometique.com
Then, you either convert them to UDO/INCs(or, in the case of sPatch, you can get
the Moray export plugin), and load them into moray. Hope that helps.

--
You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
 You personal correspondence to friends starts out with #Dear