POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : normals and pigments in a csg : normals and pigments in a csg Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  normals and pigments in a csg
From: Daniel Pirch
Date: 18 Jul 1999 16:58:00
Message: <37923fd8@news.povray.org>
Hi group,
following problem:
I want to make an object of a csg to have an individual pigment, but the
normal pattern of the whole csg (with all translations and rotations).
here is an (simplified) example of what i mean:

union{
  sphere{x,1  pigment{ rgb<0,1,0>} } /* I want this sphere to have the
parent's bumps AND to be green!!*/
  sphere{-x,1}
  pigment{rgb <1,0,0>}
  normal{bumps scale .1 }
}

There are several objects in my csg, and all are translated in a different
way, so i cannot use a #declared normal pattern.

I hope someone can help me...
TIA, Daniel

--
Daniel Pirch