POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Layered texture problem : Re: Layered texture problem Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:38:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Layered texture problem
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 18 Jul 1999 16:39:40
Message: <37923B9A.A66@unforgettable.com>
Ken wrote:

> Xplo Eristotle wrote:
>
> > (BTW, thanks to Ken for his advice as well. I was trying to keep the
> > number of variables affecting the sand's brightness to a minimum,
> > though.. at the speed this thing runs, I can't afford to try to tweak
> > half a dozen variables. By the time I'd be done, people would be tossing
> > better Macs than mine in dumpsters. ^_- )
> >
> > -Xplo
>
>   If you a concerned about time maybe you shouldn't be raytracing :)

-_-; I know...

> Seriously the few minor adjustments I made to your Hf code added little
> to nothing extra to the render time.

I understand that. But they have to be tweaked, and tested, and that
means more rendering. And that means that I have to spend the next few
hours with the marquee trying to get an idea of how the setings will
work before letting it run overnight (and part of the morning) in order
to find out whether it worked as well as testing indicated.. and if not,
I repeat the process again the next day.

To be honest, the slow render times don't bother me when I'm trying to
produce final output. It's the slow testing that kills me.

-Xplo