POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Editor error with starting POV-Ray : Re: Editor error with starting POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor error with starting POV-Ray
From: Jared Johnson
Date: 18 Jul 1999 10:22:12
Message: <3791E322.27B0DF02@concentric.net>
I think you're at least partially correct.  I renamed the POV-Ray
directory itself during installation (it's an option).

     I received the error after installing v3.1e and so before installing
v3.1g  I did a complete uninstall first (saving only some custom settings
mentioned in another message by exporting a key from the registry, then
importing it after install).  I've had POV-Ray installed in the same directory
though each time.

    I'm glad that you were able to recreate the error, but I'm not sure how to
correct it.  I'd rather not rename my directory (though I did try renaming it
to match the directory you listed, it caused the INI files not to be found).
If there is a INI file or Registry entry I can change to indicate a directory
I think that would solve it.
I did follow a standard install and made no behind the scenes directory moves
or renaming.

     I think I am the only one who has ever experiences this problem.

     Thanks for your information, it will help me narrow things down to find a
possible solution.   Maybe if I can find what Registry keys need to exist and
get rid of all others, in case some legacy keys are hanging in the Registry,
this would help.

 Jared