POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Layered texture problem : Re: Layered texture problem Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:35:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Layered texture problem
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 18 Jul 1999 05:12:20
Message: <37919A82.18A0@unforgettable.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> I have cross-posted your problem to povray.newusers because there you get a
> much more qualified response from experienced artists :-)

Who knew? ^_^

> > Does transforming an object also transform its texture(s)? I wouldn't
> > expect it to, but if so, that might explain my problem (it hadn't
> > occurred to me until just now).
>
> Yes.

Mreh! No wonder the gradient wasn't sitting where I thought it would be.
Thanks.

(BTW, thanks to Ken for his advice as well. I was trying to keep the
number of variables affecting the sand's brightness to a minimum,
though.. at the speed this thing runs, I can't afford to try to tweak
half a dozen variables. By the time I'd be done, people would be tossing
better Macs than mine in dumpsters. ^_- )

-Xplo