POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Editor error with starting POV-Ray : Re: Editor error with starting POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:34:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor error with starting POV-Ray
From: Ken
Date: 17 Jul 1999 07:42:11
Message: <37906BB7.8FD68638@pacbell.net>
Jared Johnson wrote:

> I have an Error/Status message that displays itself everytime I start
> POV-Ray (versions 3.1e and now 3.1g).
>
> It says "Could not monitor insert template dir" and the window's title
> is "POV-Ray Editor."
>
> I haven't found any options on the menues to address this and no
> information in the documentation on the Editor included with POV-Ray.
>
> It rather annoying and I would appreciate any advice/help that anyone
> can offer.
>
> Jared

  It sounds like it is looking for a directory that is added during the
installation of the program. If you let the install wizard do it's thing
you should have a main directory named "POV-Ray for Windows v3.1" and
a sub directory off of this that is named "Insert Menu". If the directory
has been renamed or does not exsist I imagine that is the source of your
problems. It is looking for that directory and the sub directories below
that which contain the information files for the insert menu items.

Note: earlier versions of Pov had a different system for the insert menu
and if you have installed multiple upgrades over each other without doing
a full uninstall first then it may still have the old system still in place.
First time I have heard of this problem though to be honest with you.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm