POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Calling pre-defined textures with a concat generated string. : Calling pre-defined textures with a concat generated string. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Calling pre-defined textures with a concat generated string.
From: Alan Holding
Date: 16 Jul 1999 16:11:43
Message: <378f91ff@news.povray.org>
Hello.

Is it possible to use a concat generated string to call a pre-defined
texture?

In other words, why doesn't this code ...

// counter is a declared float in a loop with current value of 1

#declare vasetex = concat ( "T_Gold_", str(counter,1,0), "A")

texture { vasetex }

...let me call the texture T_Gold_1A, which is a pre-defined texture in the
file "golds.inc"?

I've trawled through the Help file but can't find any clarification.

Apologies if the answer is staring me in the face.

Thanks,
Alan.