POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Animation Mini-Tutorial : Re: Animation Mini-Tutorial Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Mini-Tutorial
From: MR
Date: 14 Jul 1999 08:34:20
Message: <378c83cc@news.povray.org>
hey ken,

i do believe i just sent a personal email to you when i meant to post
to this group.  sorry bout that!  the gist of it:

nothing against dave's targa animator, but if you want to work with a
window's app, fast movie processor will crunch your sequenced
bitmaps into an AVI and it is very very user friendly (even i had no
problem using it).  it is freeware.

the only problem i had was with some pretty bad artifacting, which
was solved by changing the codec bit rate to 1200.

good luck, miker

K. Tyler <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
> BoDonna wrote:
>
> >   thank you for  the animation tutorial Ken !
> >                 I was wondering if you or someone else could go one step
> > further and do a mini-tutorial on Dave's Targa Animator. It seems this
> > programs runs in DOS(Dark Ominous Space ) and does not make sense to me
> > after reading the Read Me file.
> >                Maybe a step-by-step of the above scene would be cool.
> >                Is there a WIN95 program that inputs/outputs the same
files
> > as DTA or if not, maybe some skilled programmer could design one. If
Taps