POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Speaking of the Photon Patch : Re: Speaking of the Photon Patch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of the Photon Patch
From: Alan Kong
Date: 11 Jul 1999 07:02:23
Message: <378c7553.361768190@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 06:42:47 -0400, Matt Giwer <mgi### [at] giwersworldorg>
wrote:

>I ignored looking into it for months expecting it to be a Linux
>patch. I can not be alone in that. Simply calling it a patch
>suggests it is beyond the interest of any Windows user.

  Hi, Matt. Various threads have made references to older versions of both
Nathan's UVPov and Ron's Superpatch and trying to get them to work with
POV-Ray for Windows Codemax editor. You must have missed those posts.

  The .url for Nathan's pages documenting UVPov has been posted many, many
times, both in these groups and in Ken's Links Collection posted in the
p.a.f-a-q.

  Patches have always been applied to *all* versions of POV-Ray, be it
Windows, Mac, Amiga, MS-DOS, Unix, etc., both unofficial and official
versions. POV-Ray for Windows v3.1g is itself a patched version of v3.1e.

  You have been missing out on the action. Get UVPov at the following .url -

http://www.nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get