POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: New way of specifying transparence? : Re: New way of specifying transparence? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New way of specifying transparence?
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 14 Jul 1999 19:45:59
Message: <378D20C3.DFABD296@t-online.de>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> ways of combining color.  Paint programs (like Photoshop or PSP) provide
> many ways of combining layers together.  It would not be too difficult to

That is just what I thought when I saw your yesterday's
posting, but hesitated to answer. GIMP has a dozen or so
ways of combining layers, and they are documented together
with their formulas in the manual.

In addition, this would be more close to the physical
behavior of semitransparent layers, making the creation
of layered textures less counterintuitive than it is now.

An other way would to allow the user to enter his own
formulas (IIRC they can all be built from "+","*","1",
"0","min"). Since povray has already a parser, this should
not be extremely hard to implement.

Ralf