POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Newbie Question...Help, Please...Please...Please... : Re: Newbie Question...Help, Please...Please...Please... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie Question...Help, Please...Please...Please...
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 13 Jul 1999 22:53:47
Message: <378BFBB8.3523420B@mninter.net>
Perhaps using a CSG would yield the results that you desire. Create a
cube(We'll call it cube1), say, 4x4x10 and then create another one
3x3x11(cube2). Move cube2 so that it protrudes about equally from either
end of cube1. Then create a CSG, and add both cubes to it. Change the type
of CSG to difference. Make sure that cube1 is at the top of the list. Click
evaluate, and make sure that it looks like what you want. Then render it,
and it should work. To change the dimensions of the rod, just scale the
CSG. To change the thickness of the walls, change the size of cube2.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask further questions.
Alex Magidow

Andre Philippi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone guide me through the steps necessary to make a "square
> rod" (a cube with a square hole in it), please?
>
> If possible, could you also point me wich parameter(s) would be
> responsible for setting the "size of the hole" (or the thickness of the
> walls of the rod), please?
>
> I'm new to Moray, and the documentation on Translational Sweeps wasn't
> enough (for me, at least) to grasp the technique...
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Andre.
>
> P.S.: I'm using Moray 3.1 (Build 4325) on NT4.0.
> --

>  Andre Philippi - Applications Developer   | Phone: 626-296-5016
>  phi### [at] corpearthlinknet               | Fax:   626-296-5113
>  Earthlink Network, Inc.                   | 3100 New York Drive
>  http://www.earthlink.net                  | Pasadena, CA  91107

You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
  The alarm clock goes off, and you try thinking:
           object { SnoozeButton translate y*-0.25 }
  ... and then can't figure out why the alarm keeps ringing.