POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why povray? : Re: Why povray? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why povray?
From: Tapper Ender
Date: 11 Jul 1999 21:13:27
Message: <37894137@news.povray.org>
A couple reason for me:  I write html, in note pad.. I do big pages like
that.  I learn the language that way. That is good because html is almost
universal.

Pov-ray isn't universal, no but it is like html.   You type it out and get a
3d image (html you get 2d)

It is great that PovRAy is free.  Now I don't really care about the fact
that 3dstudio Max  is more expensive, therefor making this program better,
no because if I wanted to I could go out and get 3dstudio Max by just
downloading it, or Light wave, or Bryce 3d, or adobe PhotoShop or any other
expensive graphics program.

What makes Pov-Ray really great is that because it is free, there are so
many more people on the internet willing to help and talk about it.
Pov-Ray has it's own community.    People like those on this newsgroup.  And
that just plain out ROCKS!.

That's why I choose Pov-Ray, because it is great and the people are great!
You won't find much better any where else.. :)