POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : dificulty getting super-patch running : Re: dificulty getting super-patch running Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dificulty getting super-patch running
From: Ron Parker
Date: 9 Jul 1999 22:51:48
Message: <3787b3c4.96936396@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 18:04:58 -0700, "Loial Raven (Stuart MeerKat)"
<Loi### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Hey, i got x-povray version to compile, it took reinstalling with using
>unzip -a <file>... that made those anoying ^M's disapear hehehe... well, it
>also took some playing with the makefile... but for some reason, it won't
>compile the svga based one, which i rather use... it keeps on saying that it
>needs a bunch of X stuff, so i think things aren't fully set up in the
>makefile... if anyone knows about where the problem is now, the help would
>be most apreciated :)

You have to type "make newsvga" or "make newunix" to configure the
include files for something besides x-povray.

>Oh, and also, both the windows version and the linux version don't have the
>spline's working, am i missing something? or is it disabled...?

Assuming we're still talking about the superpatch, it works for me.
Try this code:

---------- cut here ------>8===========
camera {location -5*z look_at 0}
light_source { -5*z rgb 1.5}

#declare myspl=spline{
  cubic_spline
  0, <0,0,0>
  .2,<1,0,0>
  .8,<2,1,0>
  1,<3,1,0>
  }

#declare i=0;
#while (i<1)
  sphere {myspl(i), .1 pigment {color rgb 1}}
  #declare i=i+.1;
#end