POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : import GIF to POV Ray Scene : Re: import GIF to POV Ray Scene Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: import GIF to POV Ray Scene
From: Ken
Date: 10 Jul 1999 07:16:21
Message: <37872B32.163B4B6D@pacbell.net>
Markus Bechler wrote:

> HI Group
>
> How can I import a GIF FIle into a POV Rax Scene???
>
> Please answer to to NG and to Mar### [at] Bechlerde
>
> Thanx
>
> MB

 It really depends on what you want to do with the gif that you want to import.
Pov offers a pigment feature called image mapping. An image, .gif, .tga, .bmp,
etc. can be mapped onto an objects surface. The basic syntax for this is used
with the following example:

box{ -0.5, 0.5
  pigment {
   image_map { gif "your.gif" interpolate 2 }
    translate -0.5 }
 }

There is no support for .jpg images by the way. Images can also be used to
make height fields {terrain), create bumps on the surface of objects as
well as become part of even more elaborate textures. It's all in the
documentation that comes with the program.

Good luck !

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net