POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : re: Debian troubles : Re: Debian troubles Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debian troubles
From: Mike
Date: 9 Jul 1999 22:11:40
Message: <3786AA1E.921A5BFE@aol.com>
> I recall hearing a comment on Slashdot from a Debian user saying they
> didn't want to make Debian too user-friendly, since that would make it
> too attractive to idiots, and they didn't want to attract idiots to
> Debian.  I'm coming to the conclusion that this attitide is quite
> widespread.

Sounds like something an idiot would say. ;-)

Although I didn't stick with Linux, I had first tried Debian and it ran
poorly.  I found Red Hat not only easier to setup, but the software that
came with it actually worked.  I've heard many others have had trouble with
Debian because it came with out-dated files.

-Mike