POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e : Re: JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 10 Jul 1999 15:09:54
Message: <37866CD8.D2802CA1@bigfoot.com>
Alan Kong wrote:

>   I'm just not convinced that incorporating JPEG output into the official
> POV-Ray is appropriate.

Well, if that's actually the concern and that is caused by the fact that careless
users might use the feature inadequately, why not implement it and very poorly
document it so only experienced users will have access to the feature (or only the
ones that really read the manual in its whole where proper disclaimers will be read
and understood), thus reducing chances of bad use.

Still trying to convince and find ways to get it through to official stage. The big
advantage of having it in the official version is of course to avoid having to
repatch every time one wants to upgrade to the latest official release + JPEG.

Cheers,
Alain.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.