POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : 3.1g out : Re: 3.1g out Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.1g out
From: Alan Kong
Date: 7 Jul 1999 22:16:40
Message: <37850753.71432659@news.povray.org>
On 7 Jul 1999 11:59:04 -0400, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote:

>  Another question: Will the new version install over the old one without
>problems or will I need to make something else before installing?

  Hi, Warp. Dummy me *accidentally* deleted the Install.log file that
POV-Ray for Windows uses to perform an uninstall. Consequently, I had to
install over my v3.1e and it simply moved any files it replaced to the
user-specified Backup directory.

  Chris usually advises people to perform an uninstall as this method may
clean up the Registry better than simply installing on top of an older
version (I haven't verified this). To be safe, just be sure to save anything
you want to keep to another location, such as scene and .ini files, and
customized Insert Menu items.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get