POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro with variable number of parameters... : Re: Macro with variable number of parameters... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro with variable number of parameters...
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 8 Jul 1999 07:06:26
Message: <378485FA.B4AC7C3B@buckosoft.com>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> In povray.general Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> : I use it on all the time on code that compiles with VC++, gcc, and c89.
> : That's standard enough for me.
>
>   Well, as long as you don't compile it in a SunOS or Digital Unix or other
> OS's...

...with a compiler that is more than 3 years old.

Linux, *BSD, Solaris, SunOS 4.1.[34] = gcc
Dec Unix (Alpha), HP-UX 9-10, SCO = c89
Win9[58], NT4 = VC++

The snprintf, vsnprintf, etc functions are years old and are there to help prevent
the exploitable buffer overruns so common in bad code.  All good daemons should
be using them.

c89 comes from the loins of Digital Unix.

Sun has been trying to kill SunOS for almost 10 years, so i don't expect
it's native compiler to be very up to date.  I switched to gcc on SunOS 7 or 8 years
ago because its compiler (cc?) was very buggy and unsupported.

dik