POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux Newbie Pre-Install Questions : Re: Linux Newbie Pre-Install Questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux Newbie Pre-Install Questions
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 8 Jul 1999 01:28:02
Message: <378433d6.55475908@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 19:25:43 -0500, Prez Midnite
<pre### [at] NOSPAMdisinfonet> wrote:

> I created
>a separate partition just for files that I want to access from both
>OS's... I'll find out if I can get to that from Linux once I get to that
>chapter in the book... or maybe I'll just flip ahead a little bit... ;)

No need for a separate partition.  Although I am a Linux newbie also,
I find that mount -t vfat <winsux partition> <mount point> works fine.
Interestingly, I installed a drive from my old computer into the new
one in order to transfer some important (i.e. pov related) files and
nothing I could do would get winsux 98 to recognize that drive.  Too
old, I guess.  On the other hand, Linux read that old winsux 95 drive
easily and transferred the stuff to the winsux partition, thus saving
the winsux data that would otherwise have been lost.  Put that in
Bill's pipe and smoke it.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com