POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : dificulty getting super-patch running : Re: dificulty getting super-patch running Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dificulty getting super-patch running
From: Ron Parker
Date: 7 Jul 1999 18:04:35
Message: <3783cef3@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:51:15 -0700, Loial Raven (Stuart MeerKat) wrote:
>Oh, and the linux version i can't get to work either, it's saying:
>
>/povray: error in loading shared libraries
>: undefined symbol: __bzero

The superpatch Linux binary distribution does assume that you have
already correctly installed libpng.so and libz.so.  If you have not,
you will probably get an error.  On the other hand, you'd get the
same error with the official distribution, too.

What version of Linux are you using?  Specifically, which distro and
version number, which kernel version, and which C library?  The
binaries on my website were built with OpenLinux 2.2 on glibc2.  I
don't know what kernel I'm running offhand.  I did notice that
either povray or x-povray is built wrong, due to stupidity on my part,
so you may find that the other one works.  For now, the best fix for
that problem is to download the source and build your own if you need
the one that's broken (whichever one it is.)