POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro with variable number of parameters... : Re: Macro with variable number of parameters... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro with variable number of parameters...
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Jul 1999 19:42:48
Message: <377ff088.25869550@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 16:09:31 -0700, "Jon A. Cruz"
<jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

>Ron Parker wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 17:17:33 -0400, Matt Giwer
>> <mgi### [at] giwersworldorg> wrote:
>>
>> >       It is also a dangerous language that would permit what you want.
>> >FORTH comes to mind.
>>
>> C and C++ come to mind too.  I couldn't live without varargs.

>So, does your code have lots of GOTO's also? Functions named things like
>"function1()" and "func2()"? Void pointers cast all over the place?   ;-)

Nah.  But varargs is a thing that can't be done any other way.  I have
this function called ODS that takes printf-style arguments, sprintf's
into a buffer, and calls OutputDebugString.  I don't know of any other
sane way to do that.  Streams are not considered sane, BTW.

Well... actually... now you mention it, I do have lots of void
pointers too.  Object-oriented programming has a purpose, but when it
gets in the way, I find a different tool.