POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e : Re: JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG input/output for Pov 3.1e
From: Alan Kong
Date: 4 Jul 1999 00:09:23
Message: <377ed943.91057748@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 00:45:54 -0500, Mike <Ama### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>The same could be said of choosing the wrong anti-aliasing, quality, or
>radiosity settings.  As it is, you can set the output to 15-bit PNG.  That's
>going to look bad too.

  Hi, Mike. Yes, there are a lot of ways to trash a perfectly good scene.
This is why I wouldn't introduce the JPEG quality setting 'guessing game' to
POV-Ray output when third-party JPEG conversion software is the fast,
simple, and painless solution to use *after* the render is done. And, I
would still have the original lossless 24-bit image in case I changed my
mind later.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get