POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT-ish question about the aero modeller : Re: OT-ish question about the aero modeller Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT-ish question about the aero modeller
From: forkazoo
Date: 2 Jul 1999 22:41:24
Message: <377d7854@news.povray.org>
Luis M. Ibarra wrote in message <3779E522.BECB3CAB@my-dejanews.com>...
>forkazoo wrote:
>> could somebody give me the correct command for Linux to set the XAPPL...
so
>> I can use aero.
>
>The easiest thing is to put the Aero resources file where it belongs. cd
>to the dir where you have aero and
>cp aero/app-defaults/XAero /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/

Hello, I just wanted to say that I did that, and finally figured out the
right command.  (silly me!!!)  I needed export
XAPPLRESDIR="/usr/lib/X11/app-defaults", while the docs had setenv...  Now,
I just need to find out how to get it to keep, so I don't have to type it in
every time I reboot.  (Where is that file....  I just need to spend a few
more minutes looking for it, I guess.)

Thanks for your help!