POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fog and Color Maps : Re: Fog and Color Maps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog and Color Maps
From: Robert Dawson
Date: 2 Jul 1999 09:53:20
Message: <377cc450@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote (re a fogmap idea that I'm too busy
[lazy?]
to implement, at least till I have time to work out how to compile POV under
Borland 5)

>                    Of course, this is limited to the gradient color_map.

    Yes, it would be. But it would be cheap & fast.

> The computation and effect would be similar to multiple layers of ground
> fog, although the syntax of this is a bit nicer.

    Also, this allows fog layers to have a lower bound, abrupt edges, and
linear rather than exponential gradient - without checking the dox, I think
this would be
hard to do with multiple layers.

    -Robert Dawson