POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update : Re: [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update
From: ingo
Date: 2 Jul 1999 04:59:24
Message: <377c7f6c@news.povray.org>
Lummox JR heeft geschreven in bericht <377### [at] aolcom>...
>For those of you who've gotten wind of my latest folly, the isoblob
>primitive, I figured an update is in order.
>Yes, it *can* be done.

Imagining what an isoblob will look like is a bit a problem for me. If you take,
for example, the wood pattern as a function and a cylinder as a component. Will
the resulting object be a number of tubes inside each other? Or will it be like
a cylinder with a heavy wood normal? Or something completely different?
(probably)

Speaking of trees, would it be possible to use a spline as a function for an
isoblob?

Looking forward to your results,
ingo
--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.