POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update : Re: [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update
From: TonyB
Date: 4 Jul 1999 09:44:17
Message: <377F5731.81A61A09@panama.phoenix.net>
> I got you a 75% decrease on rendering time if you use layered crackle
> textures.  What more do you want? :)

=) Can you give a small explanation on how you got this speed increase? (black
magic, voodoo and/or miracles don't count).

> The POV-Team has a patch for this.  I don't know if it will make it
> into the 3.1g Windows release or not.  Even if it doesn't, I'll make a
> mental note to fix it in the superpatch.

How come the Team doesn't mention these things? Oh, and thank you Mr. Parker,
I'm looking forward to getting my PPS correctly reported. =)

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Graphics rendered