POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update : Re: [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Overly ambitious project] Isoblob update
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 4 Jul 1999 06:34:56
Message: <377F3725.2CDFEE92@xs4all.nl>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> It wouldn't be very meaningful, since speed may vary greatly over different
> sections of the image. Only way I can imagine would be to render the image with
> progressive refinement, i.e. render ever Nth line, then every (N/2)th line etc.
> I'm not sure how easy this would be.
>
> Margus

I don't agree. It's quite meaningful to me to see whether a render will be
finished the same day or two days later. That's something you can calculate for
yourself, which is what I'm doing now, but POV has the data already at hand.
This would be even more meaningful with animations.
You could use a straightforward calculation (based on PPS) or a more advanced
one (based on a series of PPS-data).

So long,

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/vic.html