POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : I am new to POV Ray : Re: I am new to POV Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am new to POV Ray
From: Ken
Date: 3 Jul 1999 15:50:51
Message: <377E694F.9E2CFE76@pacbell.net>
Travis Barton wrote:

> Yea I know, about #include but how do you know that it's S_Cloud1?

  My mistake. It's been a long time since I have even looked at the include
file since I usualy make all of my own.

  Then include files that have multilayed textures are formated in such a
way that each texture component is predeclared as individual pigments.
It is later then combined in a declared texture statement. The S_Cloud1
you reference is one of those predeclared pigment statments. By itself
it probably will not look good as a cloudy sky and requires the other
components to look right. If you really want to try it as a stand alone
texture you would use it like this:

Note: the include I mentioned earlier should have been skies.inc
      and not clouds.inc

#include "skies.inc"

  sphere { < 0, 0, 0 >,1
   texture {
    pigment { S_Cloud1 }
   }         // end texture
  scale 200  // scale the sky to the size needed for your scene
}            // end sphere

 Usualy most people use the premade textures in that file like this:

#include "skies.inc"

  sphere { < 0, 0, 0 >, 1
   texture { T_Cloud1 }
    scale 200  // scale the sky to the size needed for your scene
 }              // end sphere

  All of the includes use a similar scheme to note which is a texture by
using a "T" in the declaration. For example T_Stone_1A, T_Gold_5E etc.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net