POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : I am new to POV Ray : Re: I am new to POV Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am new to POV Ray
From: Ken
Date: 3 Jul 1999 14:53:23
Message: <377E5BD6.30C79D7@pacbell.net>
Travis Barton wrote:

> Ken,
>    Hi again, is there anyway you could help me out with pov ray?  I
> viewed those web pages and they have good resources but I am mainly
> looking for how to create text and also how to use all the different
> textures like S_Cloud1.  If you could please help me then just mail me
> or reply back.  Thanks.
>                         Travis Barton

 Your best bet for learning the basic use of these features is by going
through Docs and the included scene files provided with the program. Each
of the scenes were provided to illustrate a feature in pov. Look in the
objects directory for a file called ttf.pov for an example of how to use
the text feature in pov. There are literaly dozens of examples for how
to use the various textures.

The basic syntax for using textures is:

#include "clouds.inc"

sphere{<0,0,0>,1 texture { S_Cloud1 } }