POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : beyond normal maps.... : Re: beyond normal maps.... Server Time
2 May 2024 13:32:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beyond normal maps....
From: TigerHawk
Date: 30 Jun 1999 13:26:31
Message: <377BA481.CB6BF043@sitc.net>
Hmm....well that makes sense. I just wasn't sure.  But thinking of that, (when
you mentioned triangles) I've been wondering about the exactness of a smooth
triangle mesh. With primitives, you can get as close as you want and still
retain quality, but what about smoothed meshes? Would the be, for the most
part, true for the mesh also? The reason I ask is I want to make more complex
objects that would be almost impossible to do using CSG and primitives, but
sPatch isn't always what I'm looking for.

Thanks very much for the help,
Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk