POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A modest proposal : Re: A modest proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A modest proposal
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 1 Jul 1999 07:39:22
Message: <377B538A.6D536DE8@fv.aetec.ee>
Ron Parker wrote:

> And while we're at it, let's get rid of area_light, since you can fake it with
> a grid of point light sources.
No, you can't. Using area_light affects only the way, how shadows are
calculated, object's illumination is same as with one light source. I
didn't knew it before and I wanted to use area_light for rendering
lightning from computer screen. No matter how many lights I specified
for grid, object's illumination was still same. Only RTFM helped me out
and I created grid of point lights instead.