POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Dumb idea (?): Trees : Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb idea (?): Trees
From: Lummox JR
Date: 30 Jun 1999 23:53:43
Message: <377AE6FB.715C@aol.com>
Ron Parker wrote:
> Keep in mind that blobs don't actually texture the individual elements.
> I think they texture each intersection based on a weighted average of
> the textures on the components that contributed to that intersection,
> though I'll admit that that's one area of the code that I don't have
> memorized yet.

Hmm... I think you're right.
Perhaps there might be a flag in an element to prevent it from blending
textures?
Actually, it seems to me that a decent tree would need the leaves to be
something separate anyway, since there's little point in blending in the
leaf shape with the branch shape. Two separate isoblobs would do the
trick... but how would that be built via a macro?
All idle speculation at this point. I can do only limited work on the
isoblob idea this week, and anyway I've only *just* begun to look into
the idea. But it's an idea that I *really* like.

Lummox JR