POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : spherical camera revisited : Re: spherical camera revisited Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: spherical camera revisited
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 30 Jun 1999 18:58:24
Message: <377AA01D.29280736@Kopp.com>
Good idea.  At least I think so because I did this, too.  :-)  This is an
undocumented feature of UVPov (for the past few releases, at least).  I
originally wanted to use it to render a spherical image map for a sunset
(you know, the media clouds that take _hours_ to render).  Then I could
keep using that image map and my subsequent renders would be quick, but
still use a POV-generated sunset.  Never actually did that, though...
I went with a gradient sky instead.

-Nathan