POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT-ish question about the aero modeller : Re: OT-ish question about the aero modeller Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT-ish question about the aero modeller
From: Luis M  Ibarra
Date: 1 Jul 1999 06:30:05
Message: <3779E522.BECB3CAB@my-dejanews.com>
forkazoo wrote:
> could somebody give me the correct command for Linux to set the XAPPL... so
> I can use aero.

The easiest thing is to put the Aero resources file where it belongs. cd
to the dir where you have aero and
cp aero/app-defaults/XAero /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/

You can also manually merge the aero resources with
xrdb -merge aero/app-defaults/XAero

> When that didn't work, I tried downloading the source

Compiling the XAero source and FWF is not that hard, imake (xmkmf) is
included with your gnu/debian system. Altough after compiling XAero, you
will need to setup it's resources and that's your original problem :).

Saludos!